Quickly create larger servers to improve business agility, maximize performance and reduce costs
Mohawk Industries produces some of the world’s most recognized brands of floor covering products, including carpet, tile and laminate flooring. In 2018, Mohawk reported sales of more than $10 billion in more than 170 countries worldwide.
Mohawk relies on a growing SAP HANA landscape for business-critical data analysis. But traditional, time-consuming approaches to sizing systems to their workloads were costly in more ways than one:
• Legacy 4-socket servers were utilized for the SAP HANA landscape. This created an expensive proposition when a lifecycle refresh was needed to support the newer HANA 2.0 requirements.
• Larger servers were driving up costs and impairing business agility.
With TidalScale Software-Defined Systems, Mohawk’s IT team is able to quickly create new systems of any size. They can also provision lower-cost copies of large systems from commodity 2-socket servers for QA and disaster recovery.
• No more waiting for custom hardware to implement initiatives.
• No need for months-long sizing exercises.
• A more streamlined infrastructure, with lower operating costs and more agile response to changing business needs.
Read Test Results (seconds)
Write Test Results (seconds)
|SAP HANA on legacy 4-socket servers||SAP HANA on TidalScale|